From: Monika Solanki [mailto:monika@dmu.ac.uk]
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 11:10 AM
To: Huhns, Michael
Cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: the precondition property in OWL-S 1.0

Hi Michael,

The property that makes it special does not lie in the syntax but in the
semantics. Precondition is a property which is required to be true,
before the execution of the service. So there could be several formulae
that could be classified as Conditions, however if any such formula is
tagged with a qualifier that it is a precondition, it makes a difference
in the interpretation of that Condition for the execution of the
service.

-Monika

Huhns, Michael wrote:

Hi Monika,

If a Precondition is a special kind of Condition, then it must have some
property (or a restriction on some property) that makes it special.
What is this?  That is, given a logical formula that evaluates to true
or false, what property does it have that would enable you to determine
whether it is a Condition or Precondition?

Cheers,
Mike Huhns