Introduction - Mark Burstein

From: Mark Burstein <burstein@bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:37:02 -0500
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

My name is Mark Burstein. I am a member of the DAML-S Coalition that
developed what is now OWL-S, and am also co-chair of the Semantic Web
Services Initiative's (SWSI) Architecture Committee, along with Christoph
Bussler. My background/interests are in Mixed-Initiative Planning for
Agent-based Systems, tools for Knowledge Acquisition/Knowledge
Representation and machine learning techniques involving Analogical or
Case-based Reasoning. Recently I've been looking at ontology mapping and
interoperability issues relating to the use of semantic web services,
primarily through a collaboration with Drew McDermott at Yale University.

* Dr. Mark H. Burstein <burstein@bbn.com>
* Director, Human Centered Systems Group
* BBN Technologies
* 10 Moulton Street
* Cambridge, MA 02138
*