Introduction - David Martin

From: David Martin <martin@AI.SRI.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:20:47 -0800
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Hi -

I'm a researcher in the Artificial Intelligence Center [1] at SRI
International.  We have a DARPA-funded DAML project, where one of the
focal points is Semantic Web Services.  I've played a significant part
in developing DAML-S /OWL-S [2], and I'm a co-chair of the language
committee of the Semantic Web Services Initiative [3].

When I'm not feeling too overwhelmed by all the loose ends :-), I'm
genuinely excited about the potential of semantically rich Web service
specifications to make the Web a place where the resources for getting
things done (with great flexibility in how much gets automated) are as
enormous as the resources for getting information.

Cheers,
- David Martin

[1] http://www.ai.sri.com/
     http://www.ai.sri.com/~martin/