Re: UDDI and semantics: CMU OWL-S/UDDI Mapping

Massimo Paolucci wrote:

> Ooops,  I sent the message to early,
> Anyway all I want to say is that depending on what the UDDI folks what
> to achieve OWL may help by adding a richer representation and the
> logic inference that comes with it.  In general, I think that the
> search facilities and the functions that allow users to retrieve Web
> services would benefit from  OWL.

Yes, but how would that work?

Given that UDDI is not going to do reasoning, and given that it is
already possible to register taxonomies (including OWL ontologies) to
associate services with categories (including with the entities and the
properties in an OWL ontology), and to find the services for a category
or the categories for a service, what more is there?

Or rather, what other benefit could there possibly be?

Jeff