Re: welcome new SWISIG members!! and more introductions

Dear all,

I'm Christophe Guéret [1], a Linked (Open) Data geek working at the Dutch
digital preservation institution "DANS" (Data Archival and Networked
Services) [2], the eHumanities research group [3] the VU University
Amsterdam [4].

My interests in the SWISIG are related to this last affiliation where I do
research and teaching on ICT4D. We are working on an adapted Semantic Web
stack that make it possible to use this technology in under privileged
contexts [5]. On of our three working point is to develop adapted
interfaces that are not only text based. So far our most concrete
achievement is to produce voice to data (via SPARQL) interfaces. Using them
(illiterate) farmers in Mali are able to announce a price for the goods
they produce and also inquire for the price others ask for their
production, all via their basic mobile phone. Besides this we are now
looking at icon-based interfaces.

I'm looking forward to the discussions in this group!

Cheers,
Christophe

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/in/cgueret
[2] http://dans.knaw.nl/
[3] http://ehumanities.nl/
[4] http://vu.nl/nl/index.asp
[5] http://worldwidesemanticweb.org/

--
Onderzoeker
+31(0)6 14576494

*Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)*
DANS bevordert duurzame toegang tot digitale onderzoeksgegevens.
Kijk op www.dans.knaw.nl voor meer informatie en contactgegevens.
DANS is een instituut van KNAW en NWO.

*Let's build a World Wide Semantic Web!*
http://worldwidesemanticweb.org/

*e-Humanities Group (KNAW)*
http://ehumanities.nl/