Re: HTTP URIs for real world objects

From: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:56:57 +0900
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Cc: (wrong string) r" <reto@gmuer.ch>, "Leo Sauermann" <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>, public-sweo-ig@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

yep, you can think, for example, an Wikipedia page as a Subject Indicator.

:me a foaf:Person; foaf:interest wikipedia:Semantic_Web .
wikipedia:Semantic_Web foaf:primaryTopic concept:Semantic_Web .

=> :me foaf:topic_interest concept:Semantic_Web .

In a sense, foaf:interest uses the object document as *an* indicator
of the subject(URI of such document is a Subject Identifier). And a
(P)SI can indicate the subject by using an IFP such as

So we can almost think that an Wikipedia page is an PSI, except it
doesn't satisfy the last requirement of PSI: "A Published Subject
Indicator must explicitly state the unique URI that is to be used as
its Published Subject Identifier" (3.1.3 in spec).

@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide", "神崎正英"; :email "mkanzaki@gmail.com"].