RE: HTTP URIs for real world objects

From: Peter F Brown <peter@pensive.eu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:55:01 +0100
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch>
Cc: "Leo Sauermann" <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>, <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>, <semantic-web@w3.org>
Sorry there were a couple of typos in my original message (comes of using a tablet and not a keyboard):
There *are already* HTTP URIs for real world objects: they are called "subject identifiers" and form part of the ISO 13250 Topic Maps standard, where a 'Topic' is a proxy for any real world subject, and a Topic can take 0 to *n* URIs as subject identifiers...

It's sometimes really hard keeping things simple, but when there is something out there that works, please use it and don't fall victim of the 'Not Invented here' syndrome.

In the meantime, I agree with Danny's suggestion that the TAG finding on httpRange-14 is worth clarifying....

Cheers,
Peter