Re: Semantic Web logos and technology buttons for your consideration

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:19:04 -0500
To: w3t-comm@w3.org
Cc: public-sweo-ig@w3.org
On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 12:15 +0000, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> Dear SWEO IG and W3C Comm Team,
>
> Starting in June 2007, a small group of people from the SWEO IG
> and the W3C Comm Team met to work on a set of logos as part of
> Semantic Web branding. Led by Benji Nowack, the SWEO IG had
> developed some draft logo designs [1] earlier this year.  Joint
> SWEO/Comm discussions led to refocus the project.  Benji, Susie
> Stephens, Ivan Herman, Marie-Claire Forgue, Fabrice de Comarmond,
> and I met several times over the past few months to develop a set
> of logos to meet the goals identified below.
>
> I am pleased to share with you the results of those discussions:
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/09/draft-swlogos.pdf

Hello all,

The Comm Team met last week and also supported the logos. I will be
following up with Marie-Claire and Fabrice on next steps, including
taking into account some of the (minor) comments that we received.

I look forward to having a description of next steps for you next
week.

 _ Ian
--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447