Re: latest drafts of the SW flyer

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 May 2007 17:27, Paul Walsh - Segala wrote:
>
>> Blue is best for me - aren't you delighted I'm part of this group
>> with my contribution over the past while... my preferred colour is
>> very important! :)
>>

> Very! :-)
>
> My preference is number 3, I feel there isn't enough in the simple ones
> to associate with the semantic web.

Hi,

I share the opinions on the current proposals expressed until
now...well, Kjetil, I can't say that I like number 3 :) ... but, I also
think that the first cover has no association with the SW. Still, the
blue color used is perfect: It is a nice, warm color (not strong as the
pink one and not 'strange' as the green one) and it is also the W3C logo
color.

Ivan's comments on the difficulty to read the text should also be taken
into account for the next proposal.

Thus, I think it would be best to have a simple, blue cover where the
title (Semantic Web) is not that small to look for it (as is the case
for nr 2,3, and 4) and the subtitle (Realizing the Web of Data) follows
the layout of nr 2,3, and 4 but without pink and green. Also, a couple
of images a la RDF triples (i.e. a very simplified version of the
current DNA structures used in 2,3, and 4) should be found on the left
corner, below the subtitle. IMHO, we don't need a SW flyer that looks
like e.g. nr 4, but a very simple and expressible one.

What do you think about the above proposal, which actually tries to
summarize the received comments and of course my preferences?

Best regards,
Paula