knowee - O'Reilly's requirements

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:50:43 +0100
To: "W3C SWEO IG" <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>

I just came across a blog post from Tim O'Reilly talking of a "Web 2.0
Address Book", it sounds close to the contact organiser community
project:
[[
an address book for my phone that remembers everyone I call, and
everyone who calls me, and syncs with my email, which remembers every
email I send and receive, and an IM client ditto -- and that uses
Google-like heuristics to help me figure out who I want. And then uses
P2P and various trust metrics to help me find people who are not in my
immediate communication orbit
]]
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/02/social_network_1.html

I'm not sure how in-scope the desktop aspects are, but they should
certainly be within reach - this is stuff the Semantic Desktop folks
have been looking at (Leo?) and Aperture might help.

http://aperture.sourceforge.net/

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/knowee

Cheers,
Danny.