Re: data format for gathered information

On 02/03/07, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de> wrote:

> > I wasn't really expecting the "external" participants to be providing
> > the data in RDF/XML.
> We asked Michael K Bergman from "sweet tools"[1] to provide their data
> in RDF/XML, he loved the idea and asked: tell me which RDF vocab to use.
> Dave Beckett's list is already in RDF/RSS.

That's cool - I thought Dave's list was only in HTML.

> If we provide a RDF data format description that can be used by others
> to express their lists of resources, we can aggregate their data and
> import it to a portal, or aggregate it and provide the data as
> feed/SPARQL endpoint.

This sounds fine, my only concern was expecting the maintainers of the
lists to do an (e.g.) HTML to RDF conversion.

> > That ontology uses SKOS to define the concepts associated with
> > folksonomy tags, I thought they might be useful in this context.
> >
> I find only one scarce reference to SKOS on this page.
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/#example
>
> And they don't use skos, if they had, they would have represented tags
> as Skos concepts and not with the "Tag" class,

It does both -

:Tag a owl:Class ;
  rdfs:subClassOf skos:Concept ;
  skos:definition "A natural-language concept which is used to
annotate another resource."@en ;
  rdfs:label "Tag"@en .

http://www.holygoat.co.uk/owl/redwood/0.1/tags/tags.n3

Cheers,