Re: On Tim's testimony at the US Senate comm

Paul,

As a European, I would love if the EU had a similar type of public
hearing to exchange ideas that are relevant for our future. As a
European, it saddens me that it does not happen! And until such things
happen in Europe, we are doomed to be at the mercy of what happens, for
example, in the US, because we do not have the muscle. But that goes
far, in direction of European integration, the role of the EU, etc; it
is a long story that I can become quite passionate about, but is
certainly not an issue for SWEO:-)

But, of course, point is well taken. Having said that, Tim made this
point repeatedly in his testimony. No regulation in one country, no
control of one company and country over the Internet and the Web, no
royalty on fundamental technologies, etc. These are all important points
and it is good that this is given such a high level publicity.

I.