Re: On Tim's testimony at the US Senate comm

Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
> Doesn't the title give it away?
>
> "US Congress Telecommuncations and the Internet Subcommittee Hearing on the
> Future of the Web"
>
> How is the future of the Web something which the US Congress can debate? Or
> am I reading too much into this? Are they talking about the future of *the
> Web*, or the future of the Web for *US citizens*?

On that logic, they shouldn't have hearings on global warming either.

Just national warming. It is of course perfectly reasonable for policy
making bodies to try to learn about what's going on around the world.

> I ask the questions because I'm privy to how ICANN really works as apposed
> to how it's supposed to be non-US and independent.

This seems somewhat different. Worth giving the video a whirl, ... I
watched most of it live. It's a good thing that they did this I think.

cheers,

Dan