Re: [Fwd: Call for Tutorials: European Semantic Technology Conference (ESTC)]

Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
> I'd like to volunteer to represent the group.
>
> FYI, I gave my 2 minute pitch on the 'Future of the Internet' [1]
> (impossible task I know) last night. I talked about the Semantic Web and in
> particular and Content Labels as a use case. I was very pleased when I was
> told afterwards but a guy that used to work at CERN in 1996, that what I
> talked about was basically TimBL's last chapter in 'Weaving the Web' and it
> all made sense. A few others said that my take was 'real' - i.e. the
> Semantic Web being recognised in 2007 was good. That's not to say however,
> that others thought I was a nut case and chose not to voice their opinions
> :)
>
> So, I'm telling you this because it's great feedback about what people think
> about the Semantic Web.
>
> The guy that used to work at CERN currently runs a company with one of the
> co-founders of Bebo [2]. So, if the social network gurus on this list would
> like an introduction please let me know.

Paul,

I am certainly interested in making contact with people at Bebo.

I am already talking to LinkedIn (you should see this via LinkedIn's Q&A
feature). They certainly see things a little clearer now I must say :-)

I've had rudimentary dialog with Xing CTO.

Wbile ecademy (Julian Bond) and I have connected and verified they are
actually set re. FOAF :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,