RE: [Fwd: Call for Tutorials: European Semantic Technology Conference (ESTC)]

I'd like to volunteer to represent the group.

FYI, I gave my 2 minute pitch on the 'Future of the Internet' [1]
(impossible task I know) last night. I talked about the Semantic Web and in
particular and Content Labels as a use case. I was very pleased when I was
told afterwards but a guy that used to work at CERN in 1996, that what I
talked about was basically TimBL's last chapter in 'Weaving the Web' and it
all made sense. A few others said that my take was 'real' - i.e. the
Semantic Web being recognised in 2007 was good. That's not to say however,
that others thought I was a nut case and chose not to voice their opinions
:)

So, I'm telling you this because it's great feedback about what people think
about the Semantic Web.

The guy that used to work at CERN currently runs a company with one of the
co-founders of Bebo [2]. So, if the social network gurus on this list would
like an introduction please let me know.

I was pleased that I wasn't met with scepticism and instead, positive vibes
:)

[1] http://segala.com/blog/the-future-of-the-internet-in-2-minutes
[2] http://www.cominded.com/paulbirch/

Cheers