Re: Places to Expose and Track Upcoming Events

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Please look at:
>> 1. http://eventful.com/
>> 2. http://upcoming.org/
>>

> Thx Kingsley, I did not know abou this one...
>
> Adding events to these looks o.k., but I find, in both cases, a small
> usability problem. Because these sites want to be nice:-(, they
> automatically try to adapt to the locality. Ie, when I go to the site,
> it automatically filters the entries to those that are close to
> Amsterdam. This means that, if I relied on this thing, I would certainly
> miss some events. I think that is a bug.
>
> I did not find an RSS feed on the first, but did find one on the second.
>  However, I did not find the tag information in the feed itself:
> http://upcoming.org/news/index.xml, ie, it looks like filtering out the
> semantic web related events is not obvious...
>
> Sigh:-)

Ivan,

We can reach out the the people behind these sites. You see, they
already have context, which also means we have the basis for discussions
along the following lines: "Here is how your service could provide a
little more value ......" . No different to your suggestions re. the
Music Ontology effort :-)

There are many Web 2.0 style applications out there that simply need
this kind of communication from the SemWeb community via SWEO.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

President & CEO