Re: Places to Expose and Track Upcoming Events

Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> All,
>
> Please look at:
> 1. http://eventful.com/
> 2. http://upcoming.org/

Thx Kingsley, I did not know abou this one...

Adding events to these looks o.k., but I find, in both cases, a small
usability problem. Because these sites want to be nice:-(, they
automatically try to adapt to the locality. Ie, when I go to the site,
it automatically filters the entries to those that are close to
Amsterdam. This means that, if I relied on this thing, I would certainly
miss some events. I think that is a bug.

I did not find an RSS feed on the first, but did find one on the second.
 However, I did not find the tag information in the feed itself:
http://upcoming.org/news/index.xml, ie, it looks like filtering out the
semantic web related events is not obvious...

Sigh:-)

Ivan