Re: Hacker rally questionnaire draft, take 2

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:47:06 -0500
CC: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 18:45, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> What about a blog post centered around the above that propagates
>> outwards via Planet RDF, Technorati, and other conversation trackers?
>>   If you  post this to a public blog with  comment  capability a
>> discussion will cluster around post.  Once this happens we have
>> content in RSS and/or Atom, and once in this form, I and others can
>> transform the Discussion Threads and Blog Posts into RDF Data.
>>

> Do you mean that we should blog about the formulation of the questions,
> or that we should use blogs to spread the questionnaire itself when
> finished?

Use blogging and the discussions that emanate from the post to spread
the word. That's what would be expected from the Web community.
> I think blogging it now would perhaps spread it beyond the semweb
> community before it is, I don't know if that's a good thing or not,
> though.

The goal is to spread the conversation beyond the semweb community.
> I think that we should absolutely blog it once it is ready, and my
> Opera semweb blog is on planetrdf, but perhaps keep it within ourselves
> and near relatives for now. When it is ready, I hope it can get a
> w3.org URL, and we can point to it from various sources.

Once you blog there is no concept of control though, a blog post is the
basis of open conversation :-) It think we are trying to have a broad
conversation that goes something like this: "What do you need to
Semantic Web to do for you in order for you to understand the value
behind the vision....."

> But come to think of it, I should probably chump it on #swig on IRC
> after lunch.

Certainly.

Kingsley

--