Re: Hacker rally questionnaire draft, take 2

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I was during today's teleconference asked to send this email again, as
> it has been a long time since it was firsted posted, with the holidays
> in between and everything. Not much has changed, I have entered one
> more question, and reworded one question.
>
> The teleconf agreed to try to progress rapidly with this, your comments
> are requested by next week's teleconf. We should have answers coming in
> by the end of the month. It is the wording of the questions that I ask
> you to review.
>
> Let me present a draft text to attract developers to a community to get
> practical. At first, we can have the semweb community developers answer
> it, and it addresses specifically those allready interested in semweb,
> then as proposals are coming in, we may try to quantify the level
> of support each proposal has. So, something like this:
>
> The W3C Semantic Web Education and Outreach Interest Group wishes to
> encourage developers to come together a few practical projects, and
> hopes to gather a community of developers to write code that solves a
> current problem. This rally seeks real running code, not vapourware,
> and it seeks to reach a wide user base. We want to encourage people to
> create something that makes a real difference to people now, and
> through that, promote the Semantic Web.
>
> So, if you were to decide the project that you think would promote the
> Semantic Web the most by getting it into people's lives, what would it
> be?
>
> Please provide a short description and rationale and answer these
> questions:

> 2. Rationale:
>

> 3. Why do you think this project will have a wide impact?
>

> 4. Can your project be easily integrated with other wide-spread systems?
> If so, which and how?
>

> 5. Why is it that this project should be done right now, i.e. why should
> people prioritise this ahead of other projects?
>

> 6. What can you do yourself on this project?
>

> 7. What contributions do you need from others?
>

> 8. What standardisation should the Semantic Web community at large
> undertake to support the project?
>

> 9. How does your project encourage others not involved with Semantic Web
> technologies to get involved (by providing data or make a coding
> commitment)?
>

> 10. What other technologies could be used to achieve most of the goals
> of the project, and why are Semantic Web technologies better suited?
>

> Best,
>
> Kjetil

Kjetil,

What about a blog post centered around the above that propagates
outwards via Planet RDF, Technorati, and other conversation trackers?
If you  post this to a public blog with  comment  capability a
discussion will cluster around post.  Once this happens we have content
in RSS and/or Atom, and once in this form, I and others can transform
the Discussion Threads and Blog Posts into RDF Data.

I think this is worth a shot.

Others: I think we should also expose the SWEO questionnaire's via our
respective Blogs.

--

Regards,

President & CEO