business process monitoring as a use case?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:59:33 +0100
To: W3C SWEO IG <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>
This news caught my attention today:

ie, using SW technologies for business process monitoring. I am not 100%
sure what this includes and, to play advocatus diaboli, is this really a
usage of Semantic *Web* or "simply" some expert-system like facility
that is offered by a good OWL reasoning engine. Would be nice to find
out (anybody knows more about this application)? On the other hand, I
seem to remember that IBM is also trying to find application niches in
that area ('business intelligence', they call it).

May that be a possible use case for our to-be-defined use case collection?

B.t.w., webMethod is a member of W3C, we may try to invite them to join
SWEO along these lines...