Re: data format for gathered information

Ivan Herman wrote:

> - Whether the core 'glue', binding all that together, should be SIOC, as
> Kingsley proposes, or something else, I am not sure. I must admit I am
> not familiar with all the details of SIOC in this sense. I am a little
> bit afraid (just like for RSS) to reuse something just because some of
> the properties and classes are around that are close to what we want,
> but it is not *really* meant for that. I know there is a fuzzy line
> there, and may not apply to SIOC (as I said, I am not sure about that
> one), but we should be careful about that.
>
> I am sure other issues will pop up...
>
> Ivan
>

> [1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-type-vocabulary/
> [2] http://ivanherman.wordpress.com/2007/01/13/bibtex-in-rdf/
> [3] http://www.bibsonomy.org
> [4] http://usefulinc.com/doap/

Ivan,

SIOC in its current form doesn't lend itself as the glue schema that I
am proposing, but there are changes in the making because can really
bring all of this together such that we are able to look at the info
gathering data using the: People, Places, and Other Things approach.

Examples of other things would be:

Shared Bookmarks (like del.icio.us and integrated with del.icio.us via SKOS)
Blogs (Planet RDF for example)
Discussions (RDF Instance Data from comments associated with Blogs and
Wikis)
Image Galleries (e.g. Flickr )
Wikis
Feed Subscriptions (Blogrolls exposed properly)
Books
Events
Social Networks
etc..

I will add some links to the Wiki to show how this has been modeled
using SIOC (including sample SPARQL queries etc.) and some suggested
Schema Enhancements (SKOS, AtomOWL, Annotea Bookmarks, SIOC, and others
have been integrated in this manner for a while; a point I tried to make
at the very start of SWEO).

Uldis: Over to you re. SIOC's changes relating to the above :-)

Links:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/ODSSIOCRef - collection
of SPARQL Queries against SIOC (including some volatile extensions via
subclasses)
2. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/ODSAtomOWLRef
3. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/ODSSKOSRef
4. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/Main/ODSFOAFRef