Re: Edd on Microformats

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:33:03 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C SWEO IG <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>
I think that, at least to me, the operative sentence is

"So, remove the expectation that microformats provide complete data, and
I'm sold."

and, actually (with a combination of GRDDL) I have no problem with that
at all. If there is no claim that microformats solve all problems in
this world once and for all (including world hunger and all that stuff)
then, indeed, microformats are very useful in well specified
applications; and use GRDDL if you want to combine that with other
stuffs. Or use RDFa for, essentially, doing microformatting...

Ivan