Re: data format for gathered information

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:56:53 -0500
CC: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 22/02/07, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
> This about a Generic Data Model for:
>>
>> 1. Item/Entity Containers (for collections)
>> 2. Item/Entity Types
>> 3. Item/Entity Properties
>
> Hmm, not unlike RDF then..?
>
> :-)

:-)

Exactly why RDF excites me :-)

BTW - Everything is headed this way due to the "Concrete Conceptual
Model" meme from Microsoft. Most Web Services sit atop, or expose, this
model, Apple's had it since NeXT etc.. Thus, if we could conjure and
demonstrate an RDF based model that pulls everything together we take
another step closer to the inevitable RDF epiphany :-) Of course the
epiphany will be under guise of some new buzzword etc..

--

Regards,

President & CEO