Re: Creative Commons RDF

On 08/02/07, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Something like that is the ultimate goal of CC. That is also the reason
> that CC is one of the biggest proponent of RDFa, and that CC's Ben Adida
> is chairing that particular task force!

fyi, there's already a lightweight way to refer to a CC license
(rather than embed it), using the rel-license microformat:

by 2.0</a>

This can be interpreted as RDF via GRDDL. There's a demo  (Joe
Lambda's Homepage) at [2], which uses grokCC.xsl at [3].

Ah, I'd better cc the grddl-wg on this - I just noticed the demo and XSLT use:

rel='cc-license'

rather than

rel='license'

(Although the GRDDL result will presumably be the same).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-license
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/lambda/Sites/