RE: GRDDL Going to Last Call

Brilliant.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Susie Stephens
Sent: 06 February 2007 14:37
To: 'W3C SWEO IG'
Cc: Harry Halpin
Subject: Re: GRDDL Going to Last Call

FYI

---
Harry Halpin wrote:
> I'm Harry Halpin, the Chair of the GRDDL WG [1] which links XML and
XHTML(including "microformats") to the Semantic Web in order to facilitate
the deployment of the Semantic Web.

>  In order to prevent a "surprise" Last Call, I'd like for your WG to know
that we are going to go, barring any final comments or problems, to  request
move to Last Call on or shortly after Feb 15th for the following three
documents:

>  1) GRDDL Specification [2]
>  2) GRDDL Primer [3]
>  3) GRDDL Use Cases [4]
>
>  We believe this technology is related to the SWEO WG, and  we'd
appreciate if this message was forwarded to either your listserv or to
interested parties in your list.

>   In particular, we think this W3C Specification addresses the myth that
it is either hard to convert legacy XML or XHTML data to RDF, since we
provide an easy and standardized procedural method for doing so.
Furthermore, we provide an easy-way to move microformat data to RDF, showing
that "microformats" and the Semantic Web are not incompatible at all, but
that using GRDDL microformats can be shown to be expressing Semantic Web
data. With enough work and support in making GRDDL transformations and
placing them in profile URIs of microformats, the Semantic Web can begin
immediately to deploy large amounts of data. Furthermore, it provides an
easy way to move XML data to RDF, and we hope more people make GRDDL
transformations from popular XML dialects.