Re: Prototyping a decentralized graph

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:09:00 +0200
To: social-network-portability@googlegroups.com
Cc: "W3C SWEO IG" <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>

[cc'ing SWEO  - a challenge!]

On 21/08/07, Julian Bond <julian_bond@voidstar.com> wrote:

> Anthony Romano <dominatus@gmail.com> Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:53:42
> >Tabber allows for this.
>
> This is a brilliant way of generating richer and richer FOAF. Now can we
> please do something useful with it?
>
> I've been thoroughly rude about FOAF in the past, calling it "Write only
> data". The whole essence of Brad's proposal is real solutions for real
> people. But I still don't see anything built on top of FOAF that doesn't
> require a degree in computer science.

Tried Tabulator?

http://www.w3.org/2005/ajar/tab

(0.8 version seems to work best for me, needs Firefox, plus a settings tweak)

Pop this in "Add to outline":

http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=network&op=foafrdf&uid=1

Click on Julian Bond...clicking on the circle next to "based near"
then "Find all" at the bottom /might/ locate you on the map...

Tabulator's not FOAF-specific (and is all browser js, which never
ceases to amaze me). Simlar tool is FOAF Explorer:

http://xml.mfd-consult.dk/foaf/explorer/

Cheers,
Danny.

--