SemWeb logo, first drafts

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:45:27 +0200
To: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

Hi,

At the F2F meeting we decided to have a go at creating a design
that goes beyond SWEO, as suggested by the comm team. We had a
great brainstorming and scribble session (Frank and Susie took
photos, I think ;). And although the more concrete idea we had
didn't work too well when we tried it in a graphic tool
("SEM" and "WEB" forming a "+" with a shared "E", surrounded by
concave circle parts), I played with the circle idea a little
more yesterday and today.

I just uploaded a first set of drafts to the misc section [1]
(or should that stuff become a task force?). And I walked
through 5 or 6 huge trademark/logo directories, as the curves
looks somewhat familiar. So far, however, I didn't find a
brand that was (AFAIKT) too close to the SW design. As usual,
these are drafts and ideas for discussion.

cheers,
ben

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/Misc/SemWebLogoIdeas