From: public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Jeff Pollock
Sent: 30 October 2006 23:32
To: public-sweo-ig@w3.org
Subject: SWEO Introductions...

Hi, I am Jeff Pollock. I've been involved in one way or another with
semantic technology since 2001 and have had the opportunity to serve in
various technology leadership roles with Modulant, Cerebra and now with
Oracle in order to apply this technology to enterprise software challenges.
In due course I've spoken at dozens of events, hundreds of sales pitches,
and to thousands of developers in favor of semantic technology and am quite
anxious for this group to avoid repeating my mistakes!  :-)

Although I don't lay any claims to its greatness, the book I authored on the
subject, "adaptive information," did force me to think deeply about how to
communicate the benefits of semantic technology to various audiences. In
practice, the sales efforts for enterprise software were much more of a
realtime validation of those communication strategies - and although I've
struck out many times, I have been successful with selling several million
dollars worth of ontology-driven software to large organizations in the past
few years. Additional biography and publications info can be found here:
<http://me.jtpollock.us/> http://me.jtpollock.us/

I will be working directly and indirectly (via Susie) with SWEO to help with
use case development and value proposition definition. I look forward to
meeting all of you in person!

Regards,

-Jeff-

  _____