SWEO Introduction: Susie Stephens

From: Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:39:37 -0400
To: "'W3C SWEO IG'" <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>

I'm Susie Stephens. I joined Oracle in 2002 to lead the development of
the database, middleware and collaboration tools, to further enhance
their capabilities as a infrastructure platform for the life sciences.
As such, I was heavily involved in providing support for RDF within the
Oracle Database. I now guide Oracle in its continued adoption of
Semantic Web technologies, and represent Oracle in discussions with W3C
regarding standards in this area. As well as chairing SWEO, I coordinate
the BioRDF [1] task within the W3C Health Care and Life Sciences
Interest Group [2]. Prior to joining Oracle, I worked at Sun
Microsystems for a number of years.

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/