RE: semantic web technologies in the enterprise - a somewhat technical view

From: <john.nj.davies@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:56:15 -0000
To: <feigenbl@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>

SWEOids?!

-----Original Message-----
From: public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Lee Feigenbaum
Sent: 28 November 2006 16:37
To: public-sweo-ig@w3.org
Subject: semantic web technologies in the enterprise - a somewhat
technical view

Hi SWEOrs  ( <-- that might need some work),

I've just posted a blog entry that I thought might be of interest to the
IG. It's a somewhat (but not overly) technical discussion of where I and
my coworkers see the benefits of adopting Semantic Web technologies
within the enterprise. Many of the points I discuss apply equally well
outside the enterprise (and on the Web) as well. I hope that some of the
thoughts in it are helpful as we craft some SW messaging (hopefully as
examples of good bits of messaging, but I'd very much appreciate
constructive criticism as well!)

You can read it here:

http://www.thefigtrees.net/lee/blog/2006/11/semantic_web_technologies_in
_t.html