Another introduction: Martin Dzbor

From: Martin Dzbor <m.dzbor@open.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:36:50 -0000 (GMT)
To: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

Hi everyone,

my name is Martin and I work for The Open University in the UK [1], the
largest educator in Europe with more than 200k students enrolling on its
undergraduate and postgraduate course programmes, and more than 15k
graduates annually. Recently, The Open University launched an open source
version of its course programme under the label "OpenLearn" [2]; while
this initiative is currently more web and web 2.0 oriented, there are
likely to be benefits from enhancing these sites with some semantics (at
some point in the hopefully not so distant future).

I am based with the Knowledge Media Institute [3], a specialized research
unit carrying R&D in such areas as semantic web and SW services, new
media, social computing and multimedia annotation. Semantic web oriented
research belongs among our largest sources of funding; in fact the project
I am currently helping to coordinate (NeOn: Lifecycle Support for
Networked Ontologies [4]) is one the latest initiatives of its kind in
Europe.

I am based about an hour from London to the North in a so-called "new
city" of Milton Keynes, which happens to be a welcome target of quite a
few jokes throughout the UK (most are unfounded, honest).

More info on me could be found at my web site [5]; incl. my ICQ number
(reading evenings), my Skype, Jabber and other contacts.

Looking forward to meeting you online,

M.
--
             Martin Dzbor, PhD. MBA