Re: 20 reasons "rdf sucks"

On 18 Nov 2006, at 18:28, Danny Ayers wrote:

> The other day I challenged Bill deHora to be more specific about some
> criticism. Soon after he gave a solid response [1], but in passing
> suggested: "typing rdf sucks into a search engine is a good start".
> Out of curiosity I tried it, checking the first 20 hits on Google.
> Obviously it's not exactly stringent test of popular opinion, but it
> was quite interesting (and Bill was right about views on RDF/XML).
>
> In summary, RDF sucks because of -
>
> RDF/XML : 5

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of RDF/XML myself, whilst an XML
serialisation is important RDF/XML is difficult to write and very
hard to generate neatly. It's a pain to parse too.

My experiences of introducing developers to RDF is that they
generally take to N3/Turtle or NTriples much more easily. The RDF/XML
syntax is a lot to pick up on top of the RDF model.

- Steve