SWEO Introduction: Alex Piner

From: Alex Piner <alexpi@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:04:12 -0800
To: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

Hi All,

I had started the website spreadthesemanticweb.com with the idea to
loosely base on Spread Firefox, which strangely morphed into a
personal blog.

Next the idea for a Meta Organization for Semantic Web developement
was introduced, but seems to be too redundant and similar to the W3C
SemWeb Initiative.

So finally I have the idea to create a Planetary Semantic Web Platform
to Accelerate Semantic Web development and deployment, using the SIOC
Ontology.

http://sioc-project.org

I initiated the DMOZ Semantic Web category, and started the first
Meetup for the Semantic Web.

My main interest in SWEO is to as explicitly as possible , define the
"Roadmap", and "places where the Semantic Web development is
problematic", along with the traditional Education and Outreach.

Am hoping to develop the site , semwebproject.org, first as an Index
of Every Semantic Web project, research facility, Educational
Institition, etc., then as a starting point for a Global  Dev.
Platform, as so many semantic web people are unaware of each others
work.

Alex Piner
310-439-1452 home
310-804-0881 cell