Contd: less pet project promos? was: Re: What is the SIOC-o-sphere?

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> hmm, I wonder if we should try to avoid promoting our own pet
> projects too much. I think I did it at the last telcon myself
> for which I truly apologize, and the general enthusiasm is
> probably a good sign; still, we are an *out*reach group, if
> we sell the whole kool-aid to ourselves there is nothing left
> for the people outside.. ;)
>
> re blogger outreach: I think many (if not all) convincing
> demos can be done with already deployed vocabs such as DC,
> FOAF, RSS, ANNOTEA, and maybe Danny's IBIS.

In reading your mail, I did actually take a look at IBIS[1] interesting,
and naturally, I also found it as complimentary to SIOC  as I do FOAF,
RSS, AtomOWL, and Annotea [2].

Now, when I make a comment such as the one I make above, how would you
expect I or anyone else on this mailing list to crystallize the point
anecdotally? Without some demo or commentary about how the meshing has
been achieved?

I am spending a lot of time on this matter, because SWEO has a serious
task on its hands. The Semantic Web is a serious things and I shuddered
to think about an evolution of the web that protracts (unnecessarily)
the materialization of this vision.

Pet projects, relevant Vendor examples and demo URIs are all  elements
of the knowledgebase I am hoping we end up constructing via this SWEO
effort (ultimately exposed as a SPARQL accessible Data Source).

No single vendor is going to own the Web (hopefully I am preaching to
the choir here). We are moving into an era of unprecedented
collaboration like no other (thanks to the Web). Sharing knowledge,
information, and data in all their respective forms must be welcome
(style is irrelevant since substance is all that counts).  Imagine the
lost knowledge sharing opportunity (to me and potentially others), if I
didn't go look around at IBIS? And more importantly, provide a link (one
of our conventions here)? Imagine that?

Links:

1. http://dannyayers.com:88/xmlns/ibis/index.htm (IBIS)
2. http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/ (IMHO - Marja Ritta should be part of