Re: Action List: contact web developers

Es begab sich aber da Susie Stephens zur rechten Zeit 19.12.2006 18:36
folgendes schrieb:

> Leo,
>
> It would be great if I could take you up on your kind offer of
> exploring which conferences SWEO may wish to participate in.
>
> I've created a new page on the Wiki for conference information [1].
> Would it be possible for you to list the conferences that you think
> are most important, and also to include information regarding
> participation? For example, would we need to submit a proposal by a
> certain deadline, or do we just need to twist the arm of a conference
> organizer. :-)  Once we have the list, lets move our focus to
> potential presenters.
>
> Please let me know if you would like to talk about this during
> tomorrow's call.
yes, I can say something on that,

but sorry that I didn't react before,
we are wrapping up projects here before the christmas break....

regards
Leo

> Kind regards,
>
> Susie
>
> [1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/Conferences
>

> Leo Sauermann wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry I could not make it to telco now.
>>
>> I see that business is covered with many action items already, so I
>> found that I may help on the developer bits.
>>
>> I could help address this action item on web developers:
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/group/wiki/ActionList
>> > Susie to contact people to help identify the influential Web
>> devlopers, e.g. Danny Ayers, Timo Hannay, Brian Suda, Ian Davis,
>> Amsterdam UVA, by Dec. 15
>>
>> I would add these bits:
>> * identify strategic conferences for outreach: XTECH @ Amsterdam, web
>> 2.0 summit, etc
>> * identify some evangelistic people that could speak to developers
>> there / give talks
>> * gather course material / introductionary material for semweb
>> developer evangelists
>> and I would invest time into it.
>>
>> For the last point, I could contact the Semantic Web School (Austria,
>> semantic-web.at)
>> and ask if they could help, we could also cooperate with the open
>> university
>> (John Domingue, Tom Heath) and ask them for public material.
>>
>> Identifying evangelistic semweb people is pretty easy over
>> planetrdf.com,
>> many people read it. Henry Story is such a person, see here:
>> http://novaspivack.typepad.com/nova_spivacks_weblog/2006/11/danny_and_henry.html
>>

>> I met all of them, Henry, John, Tom, etc on various occasions and could
>> ask them how to go on with this,
>> but I would rather like to be in the "correct SWEO process",
>> so what do you think?
>>
>> best
>> Leo

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann
DFKI GmbH
P.O. Box 2080          Fon:   +49 631 205-3503
67608 Kaiserslautern   Fax:   +49 631 205-3472
Germany                Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de