Re: Trial version of the questionnaire

Susie Stephens wrote on 12/18/2006 03:10:51 PM:

> I've embedded my thoughts below for the areas where Ivan has said that
> he is looking for feedback.
>
> All other comments are very welcome. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Susie
>

> Ivan Herman wrote:
> > I made a bunch of changes, documented in separate mails. Here are the
> > items which I would like to get agreement on before doing anything:
> >
> > Lee:
> >
> > Question 10: I don't understand this question as worded. Why do we
care
> >  about the survey taker's opinion on this vis a vis the actual nature
of
> >  who the decision markers / influencers are?
> >
> The goal of the question is to get a better understanding as to who
> exactly the decision makers / influencers are. That way we can tailor
> our collateral to the key people. Lee: Does this answer your question?

That's what I had assumed on reading the question, but the "Don't mind"
and "Don't want" answer choices thoroughly convinced me that the question
was really asking "Which people in your organization do *you think* should
have most influence on decisions about whether to use Semantic Web
technologies?" Which seemed silly. You're right that the question is OK as
worded -- it's the answer choices that thoroughly threw me for a loop.

Lee