Re: Sigh...

On 06/12/06, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> > Kidehen: one point to you:-)

* grin *

> Certainly a great example of incorporation and misconception in one
> place. Great to see Microsoft veering towards RDF for sure!

Shame about the slip, there are good plus points/myths dispelled in
their text (and implied):

* flexible schema
* create Web-like relationships between data, not easily done in a
typical relational database
* can work alongside existing infrastructure/SQL DBs
* it's ready for prime time/big companies use it

> This article could be the trigger for conversation between SWEO and
> Microsoft.

Some MS folks (bloggers) come to mind who seem kind-of interested in semweb:

Joshua Allen (if he's still there) was an early enthusiast of RDF
Alex Barnett - very active around Web 2.0 stuff, I think he's intrigued
Dare Obasanjo - habitually cynical (especially when it comes to RDF
:-), but is generally approachable

I'll drop them on the Wiki somewhere.

> I will see if I can locate who actually owns this page etc..

Good luck!

I wonder if any of the people around WinFS (RDF minus URIs!)  are
approachable...then there's the RSS Team, though their API seems the
minimum necessary to appear trendy...

Cheers,
Danny.

--