Re: [InfoGathering] Can DOAP cover?

Uldis Bojars wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Edd Dumbill (the author of DOAP vocabulary) was writing on the mailing list
> that DOAP can be used for non-open source and commercial projects as well.
> But it is true that DOAP web page specifically says it is for open source
> projects [only] and we have to make sure it can be used in other setting.
>
> CC: to Edd who should be able to answer for sure.

We may have to have some more URI-s for licensing stuff, and also a
categorization of the various projects and systems we want to list...

In any case, it would be good to try describing a real commercial
project in DOAP. Susie, what about Oracle 10g?

> On the subject of DOAP there is a fascinating thing happening with creation
> of http://doapstore.org - suddenly there is a consumer for this information
> (fed by RDF links collected by PingTheSemanticWeb + SemRadar) which provides
> much needed incentives to publish DOAP profiles.

Yes, I have seen that one (personally, I do not like this black
background, but that is only me...). I wonder how difficult it is to set
up something like that with a restricted domain (on SW related projects
only).

>                                                    This completes the feedback
> loop (call it a circle of motivation) between DoapStore and creators of data
> by making people think "I want to be there therefore I need to describe my
> project in DOAP".

Cheers, 'see' you soon

Ivan