Re: SKOS Implementation : LCSH

On 30/4/09 23:18, Ed Summers wrote:
> (hopefully it's not too late to sneak this in ... the service just
> went live today)

Really great to see this back online!

A question about URIs, RDFa, conneg, http-range-14 etc:

(sorry!)

"""          <div id="conceptDetailTab"
about="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh98002696#concept"
typeof="skos:Concept">
                 <h1 property="skos:prefLabel" xml:lang="en">Bristol
Bridge Massacre, Bristol, England, 1793</h1>

resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities#conceptScheme"/>

                     <b>URI:</b>

&lt;http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh98002696#concept&gt;
"""

If http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh98002696#concept is the URI of the
skos Concept, aren't we supposed to avoid using it in the HTML markup
when an XHTML/RDFa representation is made available? ie I remember from
a previous thread that (against many intuitions) id="concept" should be
avoided. Otherwise we get into that boring thread about whether it is a
URI for a piece of HTML or for the thing the HTML describes / represents...

Sorry to nitpic, but I guess this is why W3C does implementation surveys...

Dan