Re: First SKOS Webservice for the AGROVOC Concept Server

Hi Margherita:

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Sini, Margherita (KCEW)
<Margherita.Sini@fao.org> wrote:
> Indeed if you try this: http://www.fao.org/aims/aos/agrovoc/c_34338
> is ok.

Since you are already resolving URIs like this you might want to
consider using them in your RDF output in place of the current hash
URIs. The only adjustments you would need to make would be to:

- do a 303 instead of the 302 redirect you are currently doing
- do content negotiation to redirect to a application/rdf+xml
representation if the client has a preference for it

I imagine you could give your software developers the Cool URIs
document [1] and reasonably ask them to implement the pattern
described in 4.3? It ought not to be too bad since you already have
URIs for the application/rdf+xml [2]. You can also use Diego's linked
data validator Vapor [3] to make sure things are working right.

I only mention this because I think being able to follow your nose to
broader, narrower and related concepts gets to the heart of what SKOS
has to offer ... and the time is right :-) [4].

//Ed

[1] http://www.fao.org/aims/aos/agrovoc%23c_34338
[2] http://vivaldi.cpe.ku.ac.th:443/ACSWWebservice/services/service/getConceptInfo?ontologyName=Food&className=c_34338&format=skos
[3] http://validator.linkeddata.org/vapour