W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > June 2009

meeting record: 2009-06-02 SWD WG telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 22:10:42 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090602220901.03d25f80@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org
The record of today's Semantic Web Deployment Working Group telecon
is now available as:

   http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html

Thanks to Diego for scribing.

A text snapshot follows.

----

                                SWD WG

02 Jun 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jun/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2009-05-19

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Antoine Isaac, Sean Bechhofer, Clay
          Redding, Ed Summers, Guus Schreiber

   Regrets
   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          Diego

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. SKOS
         3. SKOS collaterals
         4. RDFa
         5. Recipes
         6. RDFa metadata note
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________


    <Ralph> [13]some history of Zakim

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot

Admin

   RESOLVED to accept minutes of the May 19 telecon:
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html

SKOS

   ACTION: Sean send notice to the list when Appendix C is ready for
   review [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action04

   -> [16]Sean's message

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009May/0072.html

   ACTION: Ralph to raise issue-214 with RDFa TF [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Guus to prepare the request for PR [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action07

   -> [19]PR request

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jun/0000.html

** SKOS Primer

   TomB: status?

   Antoine: content is ready, nothing to change
   ... only thing to change is the status section and the links

   Ralph: this version is intended to be a WD or a Note?

   TomB: last week we proposed to publish SKOS Primer as a Note at the
   time the final SKOS REC is published
   ... we still have a couple of meetings before that

** SKOS use cases

   TomB: there is a similar resolution for the SKOS UC
   ... which is the status?

   <Antoine>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/usecases/ucr-20090428.html

   Antoine: exactly the same as the Primer from the process perspective

** SKOS Implementation report

   <edsu> Clay++

   <Clay> edsu++

   <Ralph> Three cheers for Clay and Ed

   TomB: congrats to edsu and Clay for the lcsh

   <Antoine> :me +1 :-)

   <Clay> Antoine++

   TomB: any comments on how it was received? any discussion relevant
   to the WG?

   Clay: getting a lot of feedback on the UI
   ... also on concept coordination

   edsu: I would like to talk with ralph about the details of moving to
   new domain
   ... right now URLs are redirecting permanently to the new ones

   <edsu> Antoine++

   Clay: thank you also to Antoine

   <Ralph> I'm not seeing [21]http://id.loc.gov/authorities/ cited yet
   from
   [22]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Congress_Subject_Heading
   s ]

     [21] http://id.loc.gov/authorities/
     [22] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Congress_Subject_Headings

   ACTION: Sean to complete implementation report by 19th [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action05

   SKOS Implementation report ->
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009May/0070.h
   tml

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009May/0070.html

SKOS collaterals

   TomB: redirection pages

   Ralph: I asked Ian Jacobs about the preferred term: superseeded
   version

   TomB: redirections for the SKOS Mapping vocab spec and Quick guide

   Antoine: the only issue to deal with is branding, see agenda

   PROPOSED change references to "SKOS 2008" to read "SKOS 2009" in the
   redirection pages in legacy SKOS core specifications

   TomB: any discussion? (no objections)

   RESOLUTION: change references to "SKOS 2008" to read "SKOS 2009" in
   the redirection pages in legacy SKOS core specifications

   Ralph: I'm already changing the references

   TomB: wikipedia page on SKOS is outdated
   ... i don't think we can assign actions to do anything about that
   ... this is one of the last telecons of the group, no time to track
   an action on this

** SKOS community after SWD

   Ralph: allow access for Alistair
   ... Antoine also has access

   TomB: what happens if they cannot update it?

   Ralph: we don't have any special process for this
   ... if there is someone else in the community that volunteers to
   help, how we proceed?
   ... usually decision by the team and the editors

   Antoine: maybe we should add a note at the bottom

   Ralph: I don't like adding a note at the bottom at the page,
   candidates must ping us instead
   ... anyway if the current maintainers cannot update it anymore, a
   note can be added then asking for help

   TomB: scope of that page mainly on activities under w3c umbrella,
   with external links to the community

   <Ralph> +Guus

   Ralph: will fix the typo with the mailing list in the status section

   berrueta: maybe someone sent messages to the wrong mailing list?

   Ralph: will double check the archives

RDFa

   ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group
   Note [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02

   Ralph: reports on last week telecons, see minutes ->
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/28-rdfa-minutes.html
   ... TF discussing whether lauching a XG or IG to carry on the
   technical discussion and being a forum to answer questions from the
   community on RDFa deployment
   ... discussing priorities for technical work

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/28-rdfa-minutes.html

Recipes

   TomB: we should have this published as a Note
   ... we need to move [27]http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/ to W3C
   space
   ... which are the changes?

     [27] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/

   berrueta: slight change on the Apache directives

   <Ralph> [28]diffs from editor's draft

     [28] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/diff.html

   TomB: the change is small enough without a new review

   RESOLVED to publish update of Recipes WG Note:

   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Apr/0017.h
   tml

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Apr/0017.html

   Guus: I agree

   ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]
   [DROPPED]

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15

   ACTION: Ralph to publish [31]http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/
   as a WG Note [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [31] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/

   Ralph: (about action on Wordnet) we don't want to miss it, but it is
   not realistic to expect it done

   ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
   implementations] [recorded in [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [DROPPED]

   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20

   TomB: we have it in the minutes notes anyway
   ... there was some discussion on the list about content negotiation
   ... any comments? (no)

RDFa metadata note

   TomB: we have an ED, it was our intention to publish a Note
   ... there are some issues and notes in the text

   berrueta: i suggest to get it published as WD, even without fixing
   the open issues

   TomB: we should try to publish it in W3C space
   ... can Ralph move it out of the wiki into WG space
   ... ?

   Ralph: strange to publish an initial draft at the end of the WG

   <Guus> +1 for input to RDFa outreach

   Ralph: we can move it to WG space as a ED

   edsu: +1

   ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of the
   metadata note [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [DROPPED]

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03

   Guus: how we make it officially?

   Ralph: no special process is required (WG space is not /TR space)
   ... just removing it from the wiki attachment

   Guus: fine with that

   ACTION: Ralph to move current ED of the RDFa metadata note from wiki
   to WG space [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action10]

   Guus: we need some telecons to get testimonials and feedback from AC
   reps

   <Ralph> regrets for 16 June

   Guus: I'm at risk for next telecon

   TomB: next telecon Jun 23

   Ralph: charter extension for a couple of weeks

   <edsu> seanb++

   <Ralph> Three cheers for Sean !

   Guus: thanks to seanb for impl report

   <Ralph> +Diego

   Ralph: thank you to Tom and guus for leading us forward

   <TomB> Meeting is adjourned.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to move current ED of the RDFa metadata note
   from wiki to WG space [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to publish
   [38]http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/ as a WG Note recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [38] http://berrueta.net/recipes-20090407/

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition
   to Group Note [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to raise issue-214 with RDFa TF [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action01

   [DONE] ACTION: Guus to prepare the request for PR [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sean send notice to the list when Appendix C is ready
   for review [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Sean to complete implementation report by 19th
   [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action05]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/19-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2009/05/05-swd-minutes.html#action05

   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of
   the metadata note [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft
   [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/02-swd-minutes.html#action08]

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [48]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([49]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/06/03 02:08:58 $

     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 3 June 2009 02:11:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:56 UTC