Re: use of skos:inScheme and rdf:type in SKOS modeling

Hi Christophe,

> Rethinking to this:
> * Collections are a good way to group unorganized, disperse individual
> concepts.
> * Schemes and Hierarchies are providing a structure: if an attribute can
> be mainly deducted by the structure, it should be.
>
> So, here, if concepts are inheriting their type from their broader
> (topics, geographics, time periods, corporations), may be the best is to
> put each types in different schemes (broader/narrower/related relations
> within one scheme and broadMatch/narrowMatch/relatedMatch between
> concepts in different schemes).

As these relations between different parts of the vocabularies are defined just the same way as the intra-scheme ones, I think using the standard relations is just as good. And do not forget that in all case there is an overarching LCSH concept scheme, so you can say that the concepts are in the same scheme, even though they are in different sub-schemes.

Cheers,

Antoine