W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > January 2009

meeting record: 2009-01-20 SWD WG

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:41:01 -0500
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090120113541.02d3b8e8@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org

The record of today's (brief) Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
telecon [1] is ready.  Thanks to Antoine for scribing this meeting.

  http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-swd-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows.

----

                                SWD WG

20 Jan 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jan/0051.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2009-01-13

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/20-swd-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-swd-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Antoine Isaac, Diego Berrueta, Sean
          Bechhofer

   Regrets
          Daniel Rubin, Margherita Sini, Ed Summers

   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          Antoine

Contents

     * Topics
         1. ADMIN
         2. RDFA
         3. RECIPES
         4. RDFa METADATA NOTE
         5. AOB
         6. SKOS
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

   Tom: this is the 96th teleconf!

ADMIN

   RESOLVED to accept minutes of last teleconference
   [13]2009/01/13-swd-minutes.html

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-swd-minutes.html

RDFA

   ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group
   Note [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02

RECIPES

   ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]
   [CONTINUES]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15

   ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
   implementations] [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [CONTINUES]

RDFa METADATA NOTE

   ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of the
   metadata note [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03

AOB

   ACTION: Guus to look at OWL documents for review [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10

SKOS

   ACTION: Guus to report on usage of SKOS in vocabularies at VU for
   SKOS implementation report [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action09

   ACTION: Sean to report on SKOSED for SKOS implementation report
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [CONTINUES]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action10

   Tom: transition request?

   Ralph: it's in progress
   ... we made the request, and are waiting for the answer

   Tom: will the answer come in the form of an announcement that the
   docs have been published?

   Ralph: yes

   Tom: I wanted to have a discussion on mapping relationships
   ... but Alistair is not here

   Ralph: would somebody be ready to start an implementation template?

   Tom: Guus said that someone of his group was working on that

   Sean: I looked at previous impl. rep. ...
   ... when we don't have tests it's not easy to write

   Tom: it could start next week
   ... I suggest we adjourn today

   Tom:next meeting next week (27 Feb)

   Antoine: I had a question from a colleague about use of rdfs:label
   ... we don't say anything in Reference about skos:note or
   rdfs:comment
   ... did we consider making all the notes subproperty of rdfs:comment
   ?

   Sean: no, but I don't think it would break anything
   ... skos:note is an AnnotationProperty now
   ... so we could easily add the subProperty relationship from
   skos:note to rdfs:comment

   Antoine: if we wanted to consider this, would it be a big change?

   Ralph: I advise against the WG adding that unilaterally. Would be
   better if CR implementors or users initiated a discussion on a
   mailing list suggesting "it would be nice if ..."

   Sean: we could record this as a placeholder for future consideration
   ... feels like a useful issue to log as 'postpone'

   Tom: I wonder whether it is appropriate to raise issue after CR
   request
   ... theoretically issues can come up from the community
   ... there's no formal rule barring us to raise one
   ... any other issues?
   ... meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition
   to Group Note [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to look at OWL documents for review [recorded
   in [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to report on usage of SKOS in vocabularies at
   VU for SKOS implementation report [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of
   the metadata note [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Sean to report on SKOSED for SKOS implementation
   report [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action10]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action09
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action10

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/01/20 16:35:44 $

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 20 January 2009 16:41:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 20 January 2009 16:41:32 GMT