Re: [SKOS] Comments on SKOS Primer

Hi Ed,

Well actually if you want to have a try on the intro, you are welcome ;-)
But I'd be very careful adding TimBL's quot. It's of course a very nice motivation, but:

1. It makes the document longer, and with literature that although if nice background, does not give much guidance on how to use SKOS, which is the main goal of the Primer.

2. it may give the wrong feeling that we devote our efforts to the realization of a vision that originates "only" from the web context, and that is 20 years old. As the discussion on the ESW list repeated it, SKOS is the place where this web vision meets another approach (the controlled vocabulary one) that largely predates it, even though it lacked the formidable technical possibilities brought by the web. I think we should acknowledge that as well, if we quote [2].

Cheers,

Antoine