ISSUE-140: Last Call Comment: notations

From: SWD Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:45:42 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org,public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

ISSUE-140: Last Call Comment: notations

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/140

Raised by: Alistair Miles
On product: SKOS

Raised by Michael Schneider in [1]:

"""
This comment is certainly too late, now that the document is in Last Call. But
let me at least state that it confuses me to have both skos:note and
skos:notation, and they have such a different meaning! Also, I never heard
somebody calling the thing discussed here a "notation". I call it a "key", and
"skos:key" sounds pretty good, IMHO.

I don't see a discussion why there is no rdfs:domain given for notations. Are
notations intended to be used with every resource, or only with skos:ConceptS?
In any case, something should be said.
"""

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Sep/0044.html