ISSUE-138: Last Call Comment: S14 skos:prefLabel

From: SWD Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:40:57 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org,public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

ISSUE-138: Last Call Comment: S14 skos:prefLabel

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/138

Raised by:  Everyone
On product: All

Raised by Michael Schneider in [1] on statement S14:

"""
Such a kind of functional property characteristics distinguished by language
tags cannot be expressed in OWL Full. I suggest to say this somewhere in the
document.

Again, I want to hint you to rdf:text, in combination with OWL 2, which is going
to allow for specifying data ranges consisting of all plain literals having a
given language tag. A somewhat more general feature was the resolution of
issue-71 of the OWL WG, accepting this proposal:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Sep/0053.html>. But,
AFAICS, one would need to build a <=1-qualified cardinality restriction (new
feature in OWL 2) on each such language-data range in order to simulate a
functional property of the kind above. So this is probably all a bit academic.
"""

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Sep/0044.html