W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > October 2008

meeting record: 2008-10-30 RDF-in-XHTML Task Force

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:45:26 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20081030124328.05062460@127.0.0.1>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org,public-swd-wg@w3.org

The record of today's [small] RDFa task force telecon has been published.

   http://www.w3.org/2008/10/30-rdfa-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows.

----

                        RDF-in-XHTML Task Force

30 Oct 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Oct/0157.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-10-09

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/30-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Ben Adida, Shane McCarron, Ralph Swick

   Regrets
          Michael Hausenblas

   Chair
          Ben

   Scribe
          Ralph

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Item Review
         2. Life after REC
         3. Next Agenda
     * Summary of Action Items
     _______________________________________________________

Action Item Review

   ACTION: [PENDING] Manu to create SVG Tiny draft comment and send to
   RDFa list for feedback before sending to SVG Tiny workgroup.
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   ACTION: [PENDING] Manu to create two TCs to test fragment
   identifiers dropped during URI resolution against [base] [recorded
   in [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action13

   ACTION: [DONE] Ralph send Shane the lists of participants [recorded
   in [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: [DONE] Ben to close loop with Danny. [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/18-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/18-rdfa-minutes.html#action19

   ACTION: [PENDING] Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: [PENDING] Manu talk with Jamie McCarthy about an AskSlashdot
   piece [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action04]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action04

   ACTION: [PENDING] Manu to write summary for Semantic Web Use Cases
   for Ivan. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09

   ACTION: [PENDING] Manu write the perl code for Slashdot. [recorded
   in [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   ACTION: [PENDING] Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: [PENDING] Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13

   ACTION: [PENDING] Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14

   ACTION: [PENDING] Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

Life after REC

   Ben: should we continue to meet?
   ... I think it would be useful to do so, perhaps every other week

   Ralph: I'm happy to continue meeting, especially if we think these
   outstanding actions are still important (which I do think)
   ... we should tell the two WGs that we plan to continue to meet to
   do @@

   Shane: where @@ has to do with promotion and socializing the
   technology
   ... working with Drupal, slashdot, etc.

   Ben: so maybe meet next week (6 Nov) and then every other week after
   that

   Ralph: suits me

   Ben: any particular issues we should deal with?

   Shane: discussions w/HTML5 folk at TPAC

   Ralph: I was party to some discussion Wednesday evening about @rel
   registries and @prefix but wasn't present for the Thursday
   discussion

   Ben: we should continue helping people to adopt RDFa
   ... folks are seeing the value of being able to add their own
   vocabularies
   ... getting their own vocabularies through SearchMonkey without
   having to ask permission of anyone
   ... adoption will speak for itself
   ... and demonstrating consensus is key

Next Agenda

   Shane: I'd like to discuss planning for PER, though I don't see any
   urgency

   Ralph: a Proposed Edited Recommendation can fix errata and (I
   believe) make non-editorial changes that do not affect conformance

   Shane: the other XHTML-family languages are going to PER in the next
   few weeks as a result of the XHTML1.1 modularization REC

   -> [22]7.6 Modifying a W3C Recommendation

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-modify

   -> [23]Proposed Edited Recommendation

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#ProposedEditedRec

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu talk with Jamie McCarthy about an AskSlashdot
   piece [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to create SVG Tiny draft comment and send to
   RDFa list for feedback before sending to SVG Tiny workgroup.
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to create two TCs to test fragment
   identifiers dropped during URI resolution against [base] [recorded
   in [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to write summary for Semantic Web Use Cases
   for Ivan. [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot. [recorded
   in [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action04
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action13
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to close loop with Danny. [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/18-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph send Shane the lists of participants [recorded
   in [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/18-rdfa-minutes.html#action19
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/09-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/10/30 16:37:10 $

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 30 October 2008 16:46:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 30 October 2008 16:46:17 GMT