Re: RDFa in SKOS Reference

(cross-posting to public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf)

Hi Sean:

I ran your RDFa-ized version of the SKOS Reference through the RDFa
validator and it seemed to cough on the use of the 'name' attribute on
one of the <a> elements [1].

Validating with xmllint produces a whole slew of these 'name'
attribute errors. But interestingly it is silent about the use of the
'name' attribute in anchor tags in the previous XHTML version.

If you happen to have xmllint installed you can see this by comparing
the output of validating the XHTML version:

  xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/

with the RDFa version:

  xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/

I started to wonder if the referenced RDFa DTD [3] is missing a
definition for the 'name' attribute on the <a> element...but my DTD
skills are at an all time low. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
here...or xmlint isn't all that it's cracked up to be. But xmllint and
the w3c validator seem to basically be in agreement.

//Ed

[1] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2006%2F07%2FSWD%2FSKOS%2Freference%2F20081001%2F
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/
[3] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd