Re: ISSUE-151: Last Call Comment: skos:member definition

From: Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:46:32 +0000
To: Erik Hennum <ehennum@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org

Dear Erik,

Thank you for your helpful comments. In response to the comment below:

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 09:20:03PM +0000, SWD Issue Tracker wrote:
> ISSUE-151: Last Call Comment: skos:member definition
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/151
> Raised by:  Everyone
> On product: All
> Raised by Erik Hennum in [1]:
> """
> Should the specification define skos:member as having a range of
> skos:Concept or skos:Collection? Should skos:member have an inverse
> skos:isMemberOf property?
> """

We propose to state the range of skos:member as the union of
skos:Concept and skos:Collection. We hope this will clarify the
intended use of the SKOS collections framework. Is this acceptable?

We have not encountered a requirement for an inverse of
skos:member. We propose to make no change, can you live with this?

Kind regards,

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jun/0103.html

Alistair Miles
Senior Computing Officer