[Recipes] proposed resolution for remaing issues

From: Diego Berrueta Munoz <Diego.Berrueta@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:13:55 +0100
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Jon and I would like to propose the following resolutions for the four
remaining issues regarding Recipes:

* ISSUE-24 "Additional text explaining redirect choices in the
recipes" http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/24
We propose to postpone the issue. We didn't address it when we released
the document as a Note. From my point of view, the question on "why not
MultiViews?" is an implementation detail that is Apache-specific. Our
document tries to explain the generic mechanism instead.

* ISSUE-30 "Determine how and if RDDL relates to the Recipes"
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/30
We propose to postpone the issue. We didn't address it when we released
the document as a Note. At a first sight it seems that there may be
some connection, but I think that there are substantial differences.
Semantic web agents simply do not dereference XML namespaces (even if
XML namespaces are used in RDF/XML documents). They dereference URIs
that identify RDF resources (classes, properties, vocabularies...).

* ISSUE-60 "Guidelines needed for proper construction of vocabulary
scheme and 'term' URIs" http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/60
We propose to close this issue. I agree with the spirit of the
issue: such guidelines are certainly something I would like to have,
but they are out of the scope of our document.

* ISSUE-98 "URI escaping in SPARQL query in Recipe 6"
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/98
I propose to postpone the issue. Maybe we should have added a link to
this issue in the Recipes, but we didn't. The problem is real, although
it won't be noticed by most of our readers. I haven't tested the
proposed solution in detail, and I vaguely remember Ralph raising some
concern about it during a telecon many months ago. Implementing the
solution "by default" in all the recipes would obfuscate them. I think
postponing the issue is the best solution: we acknowledge the problem,
we provide the solution, and we can include a pointer in a future
revision of the Recipes.

We're happy to discuss these proposals. However, I'm afraid that I have
to send regrets for tomorrow's telecon as I'll be travelling at that
time.

Best regards,

--
Diego Berrueta